In honor of Shakespeare’s birthday, we’re giving away the chance to experience Shakespeare in the Park like an insider on one of its most star-studded evenings. Show the greatest dramatist in the English language some birthday love! Write William Shakespeare a birthday message and you could be the lucky winner of two tickets to the Opening Night Performance of Shakespeare in the Park.
Write at least one couplet in iambic pentameter to Shakespeare in honor of his birthday. Entries can be two lines (one couplet) or fourteen lines (a whole sonnet!) Post your entry in one of three places:
- As a comment below
- On The Public Theater Facebook page wall (http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/publictheater)
- On Twitter, using the hashtag #bardpark
Submit your entry by 11:59pm on Wednesday, April 27th to qualify.
One lucky winner will receive:
Two tickets to the Opening NIght performance of Shakespeare in the Park (MEASURE FOR MEASURE) on June 30, 2011 at The Delacorte Theater in Central Park.
1. Entry must be at least one couplet in length and follow the rules of iambic pentameter.
2. One entry per person. You've got one shot - give it your best!
3. Entries must be posted by 11:59pm on Wednesday, April 27th to qualify.
4. Be creative and have fun!
For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit contest entries via email.